Here is what the kitchen looked like on the day we moved in.
(You can click all the pictures to make them bigger)
Here's a picture of the finished cabinets! I'm so happy with how they turned out. We painted them a light grey using the Rustoleum Cabinet Transformations kit. It was very easy, but very time consuming! We also replaced all the cabinet pulls as there were a few missing when we moved in, and also to give it an updated look. We replaced the hinges as well.
This is what the kitchen looks like now! We painted it and hung the pelmet boxes that I made.
Here's the kitchen nook area. This is where my desk is at, so we've been calling it the craft nook.
The other side of the kitchen, as well as our shiny new french door style refrigerator!
This door goes out into the laundry room. We removed the old vinyl blinds and I stapled some fabric to the inside of the window. Its Amy Butler's Lotus fabric in cherry, which is also the same fabric I used on the pelmet boxes. The door is the original back door, as the laundry room was added on to the house at some point. I'm so sad that a previous owner cut out a doggie door in the middle of the door! We're working on making something to go over it.
This is one of my favorite things in the craft nook. Its an old printer's tray that I bought in Fernandina. I use it to hold thread, stamps, and other random things.
Future Plans for the Kitchen
- Make something to cover the hole in the laundry room door.
- Re-do the counter tops. Right now we are leaning towards diy concrete counter tops. We hope to have them done sometime early next year.
- Replacing the sink with an apron sink, which we would do when we re-do the counter tops.
- Build a box to cover the hot water heater. My Dad is actually in the process of doing this right now, and we are very excited to see it!
- Install new flooring, which we are doing this weekend! I can not wait for this!
- Replace the shelves with something more our style.
What we've done so far
- Painted the cabinets
- Replaced the cabinet pulls and hinges
- Painted inside of the cabinets, as well as installed the microwave and toaster oven in one of the cabinets.
- Replaced the faucet
- Replaced the light fixture above the sink
- Painted to the walls