We are nearing the one year anniversary of moving into our house! We closed on our house June 3, 2011 and then rented back to seller for a month. We moved in on July 3, 2011. I wanted to make a big post of before and after pictures and list the things we've done so far and what we'd still like to do. I figured it'd be much to big for one post so I'm going to break it up into a few over the next month.
Our house the day we looked at it for the first time, I don't have one from the day we moved in but it looked basically the same minus the flag, boat, porch furniture, and wreath.
Here's our house today, a little over a year after closing and almost one year after moving in. Not a HUGE change, but we've done a lot of little things.
What we've done
- Added stairs the the side of the porch
- Painted the porch and stairs
- Replaced the ceiling fan/light and carport light
- Added a porch swing
What we'd like to do
- Rip up the driveway and replace with pavers. Right now we have a paver walk way and the driveway under the carport is pavers, so we'd like to continue the pavers through out the entire driveway.
- Install gutters along the side of the carport to help with the flooding in the carport during a heavy rain. We'd hook the gutter up to our rain barrel to make it more efficient in collecting rain water.